|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
Chapter 4 - Test Chamber 21
sp_a2_bts1.bsp / sp_a2_bts2.bsp Jail Break / Escape
This is the thirtieth level of the game, and the final part of Chapter 4. This level is set within a Test Chamber and the maintenance areas of the Aperture Science facility. This level advances the central plot, and does not contain any significant Portal-related challenges.
- Place a portal on the wall where the Hard Light Bridge ends and the other one on the left side of the exit.
- Go through the portal and push the Switch.
- Continue to walk to the cube.
- Put the cube on the button.
- Wait for Wheatley to open the wall and run to the Maintenance area.
- Run to the left and continue forwards.
- Turn right on just before the catwalk ends.
- Turn left and jump down. Continue by to the right up the stairs.
- Run forward as much as you can. Turn left and continue running.
- Jump down on the left side.
- Use the Bridge and run away from the Chamber until the Bridge disappears.
- Turn to the opposite direction and continue running.
- Jump from the catwalk to the area between chambers and run forward until you get to the wall.
- Pick up the turret and knock over the turret behind it.
- Turn left and go behind the tube and knock over the third turret.
- Let go off the turret (make sure it gets knocked over).
- Open a portal on the wall near the third turret. Shoot the other portal behind the panels where the third turret is. Go through the portal.
- Run to the right and follow Wheatley until a turret is revealed on the left.
- Get rid of the turret by using a portal and continue following Wheatley. Enter the elevator at the end of the catwalk.
- Wait for the elevator to stop and go through the door.
Download demo files: Part 1 – Part 2
Make a break for it
|| Good Listener|
Take GLaDOS' escape advice
- If you take too long to escape the test chamber, GLaDOS will fill the room with neurotoxin.
- If you fall for GLaDOS's attempt to trick you back into testing, she traps you and fills the room with neurotoxin.
An Accent Beyond by Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory [2:58] | Download | Play
Behind the scenes Concept.
Wheatley interrupting the Test Chamber.
The escape begins.
GLaDOS attempts to tempt the player back to testing.