|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
Chapter 1 - Test Chamber 02
sp_a1_intro3.bsp Portal Gun
This is the third level of the game, and it introduces the player to the single-Portal variant of the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device. The level is set in a dilapidated section of the Aperture Science facility, and parts of it are decorated with an elaborate series of murals. Through the use of the Handheld Portal Device and static Portals, the player is able to circumvent a number of obstacles and move deeper into the Facility by way of a Chamberlock. These two Chambers correspond to Test Chambers 02 and 03 from the original Portal.
- Proceed through the door and down the steps into the central area where the pedestal is located.
- After you have landed, walk up the spiral panel arrangement to obtain the Handheld Portal Device.
- Create a portal using the primary fire key on one of the surrounding walls and walk through it, then walk up the ramp to the right.
- Continue walking through various rooms until a ledge is reached. Jump off of this ledge and observe the orange portal to the left.
- Create a portal on one of the surrounding walls, walk through it and observe the door to the left.
- Fire a portal at one of the walls on the same platform as the door; walk back through the orange portal and then through the door and into the Chamberlock.
Download demo file
Ghost of Rattman by Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory [4:06] | Download | Play
Deteriorated Test Chamber previously holding the Handheld Portal Device.
The tunnel beneath the Test Chamber.
The room containing the Handheld Portal Device surrounded by Rattmann
Another view of the murals.