Most beginners (or players who made a reset recently) start from Calibration Course - the first Test Chamber during Portal 2's Cooperative Testing Initiative. Its purpose is to teach player the basics of Cooperative testing, like the Ping Tool, thinking with four portals, etc.
- Portalble surfaces
- 3 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Buttons
- 3 Weighted Storage Cube Receptacles
- 3 Vital Apparatus Vents
- 4 Pedestal Buttons
- 13 or 14 Material Emancipation Grills
- Collapsed panels which form a surface after activating the Pedestal Button
|Atlas and P-body||
Use a Gesture menu (by default).
|Always||Waving preemptively may not work with some version...||Tube02|
Ping your favourite Periodic element (choices: copper, zinc, gallium, silver, cadmium, indium, gold, mercury, thallium).
"Your ping tool can also be used to indicate to your partner where you would like them to place their portal." | Download | Play
|Atlas and P-body||1st02|
"Oh... can someone reassemble Orange?" | Download | Play when P-body dies to the Goo for the 1st time.
|GLaDOS||Always||The exact order may vary from time to time.||1st04|
|Atlas and P-body||
Place portals to reach the higher ledge.
Stand on the red round button so that P-Body can proceed. Wait for P-Body to get to the next room.
Stand on the red round button so that Atlas can proceed. Wait for Atlas to get to the next room.
Reach the top level with two portals then wait for P-body to place two portals for you.
Wait for the Atlas to reach the top level then place two portals so that Atlas can overcome the transparent wall.
|Atlas and P-body||5th01|
|Atlas and P-body||
Move towards exit.
- In the 6th room, P-body can bring the cube over Goo and bypass the Material Emancipation Grill alone.
Inside the tubes (Atlas's POV)
Rooms (Atlas's POV)
Inside the tubes (P-body's POV)
1st rooms (P-body's POV)
2nd rooms (P-body's POV)
3rd rooms (P-body's POV)
4th rooms (P-body's POV)
5th rooms (P-body's POV)
6th rooms (P-body's POV)
7th rooms (P-body's POV)
Celebrate your cooperative calibration success
How to obtain: Simply complete the calibration course in co-op to get this achievement.
After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before
How to obtain: Find random partners online, and immediately leave the game if you do not see the opening film. When you find a beginner, exit the game, friend them, and invite them. This will take a long time depending on how lucky you are. Alternatively, this achievement can be very easy if you already have friends on Steam who have Portal 2, but haven't done co-op mode yet.
- Party Whistle
- Players can use the console command say while the movie is playing...
GLaDOS' voice lines
|“You just have to look at things objectively, see what you don't need anymore, and trim out the fat.”
This page has been marked for general cleanup. Reason: unspecified.
Please see Portal Wiki style guide for information on how to improve this article.
- "ORANGE, please show me where you would like me to place a portal." | Download | Play
- "BLUE, please show me where you would like me to place a portal." | Download | Play
- "Please ping a white portalable surface." | Download | Play
- "Orange is awarded five points!" | Download | Play
- "Blue is awarded five points!" | Download | Play
- "Again, those are science collaboration points, which you should not confuse with points from competitions such as Who-Gets-To-Live-At-The-End-And-Who-Doesn’t. I mean basketball." | Download | Play
- "Did you know humans frown on weight variances?" | Download | Play
- "If you want to upset a human, just say their weight variance is above or below the norm." | Download | Play
|“Nope, still can't see!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice.