|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
Chapter 1 - Incinerator Room
This is the ninth level of the game, and takes place within a Test Chamber and the Incinerator Room. This level introduces the player to the dual-portal variant of the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, and the way in which two linked player-created Portals can be used to avoid obstacles. This level advances the storyline, and does not contain any significant Portal-based puzzles or obstacles. This level corresponds with Test Chamber 19 from the original Portal.
- Incinerator Room
- Aperture Science Enrichment Center
- Test Chamber 19 (Dilapidated)
- After acquiring the dual-portal device, place a portal on the far wall and the opposite portal on a nearby wall.
- Once through, fire a portal past the wrecked wall and pass through it. Continue walking until a panel is visible to the right. Place a portal on it and pass through it
- Continue walking until a ledge to the right is visible, place portals to reach this area. Opposite this ledge is a destroyed test chamber with panels hanging from the ceiling; place portals to enter this area.
- Continue walking to the Chamberlock.
Download demo file
You Know Her? by Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory [3:10] | Download | Play
The deteriorated Test Chamber 19 from Portal
Test Chamber 19 as it appears in Portal.
- The Weighted Companion Cube can be seen falling out of a pipe in this level.
- A Sentry Turret can be seen falling out of a pipe in this level saying "Coming through".
- Despite being part of Act 2 (reconstruction), this map is still treated as part of Chapter 1 (The Courtesy Call).
- Map name: sp_a2_intro.bsp
- World record: 33.55 by Kendal
- Portals: 0
- CM (Challenge Mode) Available: Yes