Portal Test Chamber 09
From the Portal Wiki
|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
This Test Chamber is the tenth level of the game, and introduces Material Emancipation Grills as a test element to the player, requires the player to make use of a Weighted Storage Cube while avoiding a Material Emancipation Grill.
- Place a portal underneath the Weighted Storage Cube so that it falls through.
- Proceed through the portal onto the raised platform.
- Shoot a portal on the wall in the opposite chamber through the square opening in the dividing wall.
- Walk through the orange portal with the Cube.
- Place the Cube on top of the button.
- Proceed into the Chamberlock.
It is possible to solve this test chamber without acknowledging the hole in the wall.
- Place a portal under the Weighted Storage Cube so it falls through.
- Walk through the Material Emancipation Grill without the cube
- Place a portal inside the room with the button. Make sure that it is in a place that you can reach.
- Take the Cube out of the portal.
- Place it on the button.
- Proceed to the Chamberlock.
- It is possible to stand on the button and shoot a portal halfway through the door. You can then jump through the portal in front of the door, and jump back out at the other end.
- While escaping from Chamber 19, this chamber (along with 14,) can be found through the observation room with some changes.
- Chell finds a part of the vent broken. After a quick detour, she lands in the dropper of Chamber 09.
- In Portal 2, Wheatley opens a panel in Chamber 08 of Chapter 1. Chell and him head to GLaDOS' Chamber. Not Chamber 09 because of the changes in Chamber 08.