Portal Stories: Mel Finale
From the Portal Wiki
|“Nope, still can't see!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice.
The Finale is the final test chamber in Portal Stories: Mel. The boss battle against AEGIS takes place here. The level is focused in the use of turrets, but it also features electrified water or goo as a hazard.
- After entering the room, the player should go to the right room and fling itself to the other side of it.
- A white turret will be revealed, this is harmless and can respawn. Use it to destroy AEGIS' servers.
- After destroying AEGIS' servers in the right room, go to the left room and do the same things. Take care because 50' s turrets can appear here (these ones can harm you).
- Some of the servers can be found upstairs, after destroying some of them, a Turret will explode breaking the glass in the first upper section.
- The explosion will let you fling yourself to the second upper section. After doing this destroy the remaining servers.
- Without the servers, AEGIS will stop attacking and can be entered for manual control. Fling yourself to his neck and enter a small hole in AEGIS' body.
- In this moment, a cutscene will appear. Here, Virgil remembers that there was another mechanical lifeform that AEGIS was trying to kill and tells Mel to discover who was it. The second mechanical target is revealed to be GlaDOS.
- Virgil complains that he and Mel may have did something wrong and tells you to shut off AEGIS. The proccess requires a password: 2056.
- Another cutscene will begin, where the Death Fizzler blocking the elevator is deactivated. Mel is forced to throw her Portal Device in the Incinerator because the gun wasn' t allowed to get out of Aperture Science. Virgil says farewell to Mel, remembering everything they experienced in the escape. The elevator takes you to the surface and the game ends.