Testovací komory are a vital part of the Portal series and the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. Via the Security Cameras fixed onto the walls of test chambers at various points, GLaDOS can track a test subject's movements and progress.
There are hundreds and more test chambers throughout the Enrichment Center, which can be easily reconfigured and recycled to form another new test chamber. In Portal 2, these chambers can be swiftly created by GLaDOS with the usage of robotic arms carrying panels and combining them with other panels to form a ceiling, floor, and walls.
Aesthetically, these chambers bear resemblance to a hospital with its sterile environment; due to the lighting used within chambers, and the black and white coloring of the walls, floors, and ceilings.
- 1 Challenge komory
- 2 Pokročilé komory
- 3 Příbuzné achievementy
- 4 Test chamber mechanics
- 5 List of test chambers
V Portálu, Challenge testovací komory můžete najít herní speciální testovací komory v hlavním menu. V Portal 2, the challenge modes can be played via selecting "Play Challenge Mode" in either single-player or co-op.
The chambers in the challenge mode are identical to the original campaign versions, only with the implementation of goal-based puzzles. These include completing the map with the:
- Co nejmín Portálů vystřelených
- Least time elapsed
- Least amount of steps taken (Available in Portal only)
In Portal, the stats will be compared to the goal, and if you matched the number of portals / steps / time to the goal (or got less than it), it will get harder and harder. In Portal 2, player stats will be saved into the Steam leaderboards. This allows the Steam community to keep track of friends and other players who have beaten them in either least portals created, or least time taken to complete a test chamber.
Podobně jako challenge komory v Portálu, pokročilé komory můžou být hrány v "Bonus Mapy" sekci na hlavním menu.
Test chamber mechanics
- Portals - The core mechanic of the game, the "worm holes" used to complete the test chambers. Introduced in the Relaxation Vault.
- Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button - Can be pressed by the player or held with a cube, the button acts like a switch, turning on and off different things (opening doors for instance). Introduced in Test Chamber 00.
- Vital Apparatus Vent - The air vent delivering the cubes into the chambers. Introduced in Test Chamber 00.
- Cubes - A multipurpose object used to press buttons, block unwanted forces, or to stand upon. (Weighted Storage Cube introduced in Test Chamber 00 & Weighted Companion a special cube introduced in Test Chamber 17)
- Material Emancipation Grill - A grid put at the end of test chambers used to stop players from getting objects out of the chamber. It is also used as a test element. Introduced in Test Chamber 00
- Victory Lift - A vertical variant of the Unstationary Scaffold that automatically rises if a player is upon it, and descends if unoccupied. Introduced in Test Chamber 06.
- High Energy Pellet - An energy ball that needs to be put in its receptacle to power other objects. Introduced in Test Chamber 06.
- Unstationary Scaffold - A platform used for transportation along a rail. Introduced in Test Chamber 07.
- Turrets - Military grade turrets used for area denial. They fire bullets at players that enter their field of view. Introduced in Test Chamber 16.
- Aerial Faith Plate - A launcher that throws the player and any objects at a fixed trajectory. Introduced in Chapter 2 Test Chamber 5.
- Thermal Discouragement Beam - A laser beam fired in a straight line. Must be avoided or redirected using a Discouragement Redirection cube. Introduced in Chapter 2 Test Chamber 1.
- Cubes (Edgeless Safety & Discouragement Redirection) - Cubes that can be used to hold down buttons for example (Discouragement Redirection introduced in Chapter 2 Test Chamber 2 and Edgeless Safety introduced in Co-op Course 1 Chamber 2).
- Hard Light Bridge - A semi-translucent, solid 'sheet' of light that can act as a bridge or wall. Introduced in Chapter 3 Test Chamber 11.
- Gels (Propulsion, Repulsion & Conversion) - Can coat surfaces and apply different effects. Repulsion introduced in Chapter 6 Enrichment Sphere 2, Propulsion Chapter 7 Enrichment Sphere 5, Conversion Chapter 7 Enrichment Sphere 6.
- Excursion Funnel - While inside this funnel of energy, objects will be unaffected by gravity and will travel along the path of the funnel. Introduced in Chapter 8 Test Chamber 1.
- Edgeless Safety Cube Receptacle - Place Edgeless Safety Cubes into these receptacles to activate different types of objects. Introduced in Co-op Course 1 Chamber 2.
List of test chambers
Portal test chambers
Portal 2 test chambers
Portal: Still Alive test chambers
Portal Stories: Mel test chambers