Template:Main Page news
From the Portal Wiki
- 6 December 2017 A new entry in the Portal series arrives in the form of Bridge Constructor Portal. Check out the announcement trailer!.
- 30 June 2017 – The official blog announces that "security issues" have been patched out thanks to the reporting of Justin Taft from One Up Security, LLC.
- 5 April 2016 – The Lab, a collection of 8 VR experiments set within a pocket universe of Aperture Science, has been released on Steam! Defend your castle from a horde of Bendy-invaders, play fetch with a robotic dog, and more!
- 2 October 2015 – The official blog announces that Chell and Wheatley return to Aperture Science in a level pack for LEGO Dimensions.
- 25 June 2015 – Portal Stories: Mel, a mod for Portal 2, has been released on Steam. Take a journey as Mel through the Aperture facilities and discover new tests, new content, and a new threat to Aperture.
Please keep only the latest 5 "news" within the template. . Move expired news entries below (latest on top):
- 17 September 2014 – The official blog announces the Portal Merchandise Workshop! Users can design, upload, and vote on t-shirt and poster designs.
- 15 July 2014 – Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative, a mod for Portal 2, has been released on Steam. Taking the portals out of Portal, this mod features gameplay based around the use of Gels.
- 18 Apr 2014 – Thinking with Time Machine, a mod for Portal 2, has just been released onto Steam! This mod puts a unique twist on all things Portal and requires you to think in four dimensions.
- 16 August 2012 – Co-op editing comes to the Perpetual Testing Initiative! Players can now edit Co-Op puzzles in the Puzzle Creator. Additionally, all Portal 2 owners received a 75% off Portal 2 coupon.
- 20 July 2012 – An anonymous tech has laser-engraved Wheatley on a panel of Japanese resupply craft the HTV-3, as posted on the official blog.
- 7 May 2012 – Cave Johnson publishes a note to all Aperture employees, reminding them to review test chambers made by other employees with the Puzzle Creator and that he'll keep an eye on you as you help in the Perpetual Testing Initiative.
- 4 May 2012 – The Portal 2 Team releases a five-step tutorial in the blog on how to create your own Test Chambers with the Puzzle Creator.
- 27 April 2012 – Valve announces free DLC for Portal 2, the Perpetual Testing Initiative, which combines a powerful, easy-to-use Puzzle Creator with full Steam Workshop integration, and will be available free for the PC and Mac on May 8th.
- 7 April 2012 – A new Valve-related encyclopaedia, the Ricochet Wiki, is launched by our community! Start editing it now, but be careful to not fall off your pad or get hit by an incoming disc while editing!
- 7 February 2012 – On the Portal 2 Blog, Valve announces the merging of the Skyrim and Portal universes through a mod that puts the Space Core in Skyrim along with the player.
- 28 October 2011 – The Portal 2 team gives us a sneak peek into the upcoming level editor, which will make it easy to create, play, and share your own Portal 2 puzzles.
- 6 October 2011 – Three Portal 2-related contests have been featured on the blog! Dark Horse is hosting a machinima contest, with books to win; J!NX is hosting a MS Paint drawing contest, with a Valve-signed lithograph for 10 winners; and Steel Series' Portal 2 mousepad need your votes in the "Input Device Surface Visual Collaborative Feedback Initiative"!
- 4 October 2011 – Valve has released free DLC for Portal 2, Peer Review, featuring a new co-op adventure and challenge versions of certain test chambers for single player. Portal 2 is also 50% off, so go buy it now if you still haven't. For Science.
- 30 September 2011 – Valve has released the final volume of the Portal 2 soundtrack, and now has an option of downloading all of the tracks into one package. Additional ringtones have also been included.
- 15 September 2011 – Valve announces Learn With Portals (external link), a project planning to utilise the Portal franchise within education to aid in teaching physics and critical-thinking skills. As a promotion of this, Portal is available free until the 20 September, 2011.
- 9 August 2011 – The winners of the Portal 2 Music Video Contest are announced. Go check out the winners!
- 1 July 2011 – The official blog announces Songs to Test By: Volume 2 - the second of 3 volumes for the Portal 2 soundtrack. Additional ringtones have been added to the music mini-site alongside Volume 2.
- 27 June 2011 – The official blog announces thinkingwithportals.com's Summer Mapping Initiative Winners. The winning levels are Patent Pending and Infinifling; Edifice received an honorable mention.
- 16 June 2011 – The Portal 2 Sixense MotionPack DLC has been released. All Razer Hydra (Steam store) owners receive both Portal 2 and the Sixense MotionPack DLC free.
- 15 June 2011 – The official blog announces the Portal 2 Music Video Contest, where fans can create & enter music videos for Exile Vilify by The National. The contests accepts entries until the 15th of July, and prizes include a guitar signed by The National, and box of schwag from Valve & Jinx.
- 25 May 2011 – The official blog announces Songs to Test By - the first volume, of 3, of the Portal 2 soundtrack. The full soundtrack is free-to-download, and there are additional short "ringtone" tracks available on the music mini-site.
- 24 May 2011 – The official blog announces the Summer Mapping Initiative, a contest ran by thinkingwithportals.com in which mappers can create their own test chambers which will be judged on their "puzzle complexity, visual appeal and tonal fidelity (50s design, contemporary design, etc.)".
- 18 May 2011 – The official blog announces that Portal 2 - The Final Hours is now available on Steam.