This is a listing of all videos released by Valve to promote games in the Portal series. In order to promote Portal 2, some videos were designed to showcase 'testing elements' and gameplay mechanics, while others featured key game characters or were produced specifically for journalists and critics and were displayed at large conventions such as E3.
- Portal Teaser – a promotional video showcasing the gameplay of the original Portal; and
- Portal is Free – a video featuring the voice of GLaDOS that announced that Portal could be downloaded for free for a limited time.
Portal 2 videos
Aperture Investment Opportunity
The "Aperture Investment Opportunity" series of videos were released to promote Portal 2. They are in the style of Aperture Science advertisements and prominently feature the voice of Cave Johnson, Aperture founder. Each video promotes a different Aperture Science product to "prospective investors".
- Panels – demonstrates Panels technology;
- Bot Trust – demonstrates co-operative robotics (co-op) technology;
- Turrets – demonstrates Turrets; and
- Boots – which demonstrates the Long Fall Boots.
- Portal 2 Teaser – a promotional video showcasing gameplay and plot elements of Portal 2;
- Co-op Trailer – a promotional video showcasing the co-op campaign in Portal 2;
- TV Advertisement – a TV advertisement promoting the forthcoming game; and
- Game Launch TV Advertisement – a TV advertisement promoting the game's release.
- Perpetual Testing Initiative trailer – a promotional video announcing the release date for the Perpetual Testing Initiative update.
The "Testing Elements" series of videos featured footage of certain gameplay mechanics in Portal 2 while the game was in development. The videos were released periodically by Valve on their YouTube channel. Each video displays a different gameplay mechanism in action.
- Excursion Funnel – showcasing the Excursion Funnel;
- Aerial Faith Plate – showcasing the Aerial Faith Plate;
- Aerial Faith Plate #2 – a second video showcasing the Aerial Faith Plate;
- Thermal Discouragement Beam – showcasing the Thermal Discouragement Beam;
- Pneumatic Diversity Vent – showcasing the Pneumatic Diversity Vent;
- Propulsion Gel – showcasing the Propulsion Gel;
- Repulsion Gel – showcasing the Repulsion Gel; and
- Repulsion Gel #2 – a second video showcasing the Repulsion Gel.
- Meet Wheatley – a video introducing Wheatley, the player's initial guide in Portal 2;
- Wheatley Update – a video that provides more information about Wheatley, and also reveals more about Portal 2's plot;
- Valentine's Day Gift Buying – a "Romance Safety Compliance Guide" released for the benefit of Aperture Science employees; and
- Portal 2: Perfect 10 – a promotional video featuring pre-rendered footage and statements from a number of complimentary game reviews.
- Official Valve channel on YouTube