Template:Did you know
From the Portal Wiki
Currently displayed facts
- ...that GLaDOS' and turrets' voice actor, Ellen McLain, also voices Caroline in Portal 2, the Administrator in Team Fortress 2 and the Overwatch in the Half-Life 2 series?
- ...that GLaDOS stands for Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System?
- ...that Ellen McLain is also an opera singer and sang the Turret Opera?
- ...that Valve employee Richard Lord was the original, placeholder voice for Wheatley?
- ...that Portal 2 originally wasn't going to have portals?
- ...that there were plans for "sticky gel" in Portal 2?
- ...that both Portal and Portal 2 derived many of their ideas from prototypes made by Digipen students?
- ...that the cake in Portal is a Black Forest cake that project lead Kim Swift chose at a nearby bakery?
|Notice- Before you make an addition, check out the rules for adding new facts.
REMEMBER: NEW FACTS GO AT THE END OF THIS SECTION.
New facts go below this section until there is a set of 8 of them deemed, by the Wiki Staff, notable. At which time they are moved in here ready to be rotated into the main page.
Add facts below this title
- ...that the cake is a lie?
- ...that The Underground is a Portal 2 fan series formerly produced by Machinima?
- ...that the cake is a Blackforest cake, a culinary speciality from south Germany?
- ...that Valve's webcomic Lab Rat explains Chell's survival?
- ...that Portal's main character was originally going to be a man?
- ...that Portal 2's co-op mode was originally supposed to feature Chell and a second woman called Mel?
- ...that Rat man can be heard in Portal 2?
- ...that Rat man hinted to be alive during Portal 2 outro?
- ...that Portal 2 take place several hundreds years after events of Portal from the words of Valve employee?
- ...that there's a third unidentified person in the background of the Caroline portrait?
- ...that the Portal 2 preview at E3 2010 showed a testing element called Pneumatic Diversity Vent that didn't make it to the game's final version?
- ...that the hoop that falls out of the sky in the end of Portal was intended to be a meme by the developers, instead of the cake or the Companion Cube ? 
- ...that there is a interactive trailer for Super 8 in Portal 2?
- ...that the Hover Turret was going to be a personality core-based turret?
- ...that the Portal 2 was originally going to be a Prequel, with no Chell, Glados or Portals?
- ...that there were also plans for "reflection gel" in Portal 2?
- ...that Chell would originally talk in the ending sequence?
- ...that all Test Chambers of the Portal 2 Sixense MotionPack DLC were created by only two guys, Danny Woodall and Chip Sbrogna? 
- ...that Ellen McLain wrote a song to be used as an easter egg in Portal 2, known simply as "GLaDOS' Song"? 
- ...that the High Energy Pellet concept was indeed completely ripped off of Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (noting that the files were called "Combine Ball)," and was also originally going to also be in Portal 2?