|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
Chapter 1 - Introduction
sp_a1_intro1.bsp Container Ride
This is the first level of the game and serves as both a tutorial and introduction. The first part of the level takes place within the interior of an Aperture Science Relaxation Chamber, and introduces the player to gameplay fundamentals such as looking with the mouse, moving and activating objects. The player is also introduced to both the Announcer and Wheatley at this time. The second part of the level provides a more detailed look at the Aperture Science facility while the player is transported to the first Test Chamber. The final part of the level takes place within a dilapidated Test Chamber, and introduces the player to Portals, as well as the Weighted Storage Cube and the way in which it interacts with Heavy Duty Super Colliding Super Button. When the first Test Chamber has been completed, the player will encounter the Emancipation Grill and exit through the Chamberlock.
- The Announcer will tell you to look up, look down, look at art, and return to your bed. Do these things.
- When awoken by the Announcer for the second time, walk towards the door to allow Wheatley to enter.
- Follow Wheatley's instructions and wait for him to transport the room to the 'Docking Station'.
- Jump down into the relaxation vault; wait for the Announcer to open the portal and then walk through it.
- Walk through the door, then place the Weighted Storage Cube onto the Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button in order to open the exit door.
- Proceed through the Chamberlock and into the elevator.
Download demo file
|| Wake Up Call|
Survive the manual override
The relaxation vault after degradation.
Passage into the main facility.
The return of the Weighted Storage Cube and Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button.
Early version of the relaxation vault.
- The painting Chell is instructed to observe changes between her first and second wakeup. Additionally, it bears a striking resemblance to Lakeside Hideaway by Thomas Kinade.
- During the early phases of Portal 2's development, the Relaxation Vault was to resemble an island, as seen above.
Painting during first wakeup.
Painting during second wakeup.
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Portal/comments/gydjz/did_anyone_else_spot_this_in_chells_room/
- ↑ http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ja7smith/TKlakesidehideaway.jpg Lakeside Hideaway by Thomas Kinade