Portal 2 Chapter 2 Test Chamber 7
|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
This is the sixteenth level of the game, and takes place within a dilapidated Test Chamber. This level requires the player to utilize their knowledge of the Thermal Discouragement Beam, Buttons and momentum in order to successfully solve the Test Chamber. This level is also unique in that it features a damaged Emancipation Grid, which allows the player to unlock the "Preservation of Mass" achievement. The Weighted Companion Cube is also introduced here.
- Proceed to the chamber, jump over the Thermal Discouragement Beam and pick up the Companion Cube.
- Look up and wait for the second companion cube to fall. When it does, pick it up and block the beam with it (it will fizzle).
- Wait for the third cube to fall and take it to the beam to block it. Lift on the opposite side of the entrance will descend.
- Get on the lift and place a portal under the cube and other one on the wall to get the beam connected again.
- Wait for the lift to get to the top.
- Place a portal on the angled panels further away and walk over there. Place the other portal under the cube, so it'll come out near you.
- Pick up the cube and jump through the portal on the floor. Place the cube on the button.
- Place a portal on the other angled panels on the far-left corner and then place the other portal on the floor.
- Jump through the portal on the floor and go to the chamberlock.
Use the Companion Cube to block the beam then run to the wall by the victory lift and you can pull Wheatley from the wall. He will not activate the button nor talk to you, but he can be used to block the beam if dropped face down.
Placing the companion cube on the button after collecting Wheatley and using momentum to fling yourself to the exit will cause GLaDOS to say: "Uh oh. You're stranded. Let's see if the cube will try to help you escape. Actually, so that we're not here all day, I'll just cut to the chase: It won't. Any feelings you think it has for you are simply byproducts of your sad, empty life." She will then fizzle the cube on the button thus releasing a further cube form the Vital Apparatus Vent and say: "Anyway, here's a new cube for you to project your deranged loneliness onto."
If you place a portal on the wall past the broken Material Emancipation Grill, you can then retrieve the Companion Cube. However, before you enter the lift, GLaDOS will fizzle the cube and say "I think that one was about to say 'I love you.' They're sentient, of course. We just have a lot of them."
| Preservation of Mass|
Break the rules in Test Chamber 07
| track = 14 | title = Love as a Construct | author = Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory | album = Portal 2: Songs to Test By | minutes = 4 | seconds = 57 | file = Portal2-14-Love as a Construct.mp3